The easy way…
Do you want to get your smartphone screen to record content for you, but not exactly how it works?
Here is my easy guide for instant screen recording, whatever you need.
Not sure what you would need screen recording for? Think about how you could use your screen recording footage.
It can be really useful B roll You can create a step-by-step tutorial You can record a presentation You can quickly send instructions to a colleague You can stream your screen record to other apps You can broadcast a live stream.
SO – it is a really useful skill to master!
TO START SCREEN RECORDING ON iPHONE
Go to your control centre
To find this on iPhones X or later, swipe down from the upper right corner
On older models of iPhones, swipe up from the bottom
- Tap the screen recording button – a circle with a larger circle around it
- You will get a 3-second countdown appearing in the middle of the circle
- If you want to record sound, just long press on the recording button and a circle will appear below with a picture of a mic in it. Tap it, it will turn red, and then you are all set
- Press the button at the bottom that says start recording, you will see a small red timer in the top left-hand corner of your screen
- All your recordings will be stored in the camera roll of your photos app
IF YOUR RECORD BUTTON IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL PANEL, DON’T PANIC!!!
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to control centre
- You will see the red screen record button
- Click on the green plus arrow to the left of it, and it will then be included in the options in your control centre
TO START SCREEN RECORDING ON ANDROID
This feature is available on android update 11 and over
- Swipe down with two fingers from the top of your screen. You will see the screen record button, usually on the bottom row or scroll to next screen to find it
- Press the record button, and you get a screen pop up asking if you also want to record audio and if you want to record touches on the screen
- Choose the option that suits and press start.
- You will get a big red box appear to show you are recording
If you have an android device and don’t have the screen record feature, DON’T PANIC – you can just download a simple app
My current Top 2 screen record apps are
AZ recorder and XRecorder
Happy screen recording, everyone!